- Nobody had heard of Uber at the time of the previous release. People were too busy at home compiling mp3blaster.
- The Higgs Boson was discovered by CERN's Large Hadron Collider, now that they were less distracted by trying to compile mp3blaster.
- The world population grew by approximately 751,551,274 people. Not all of them are expected to be familiar with mp3blaster.
- Futurama returned! And left us again :( Let's fire up mp3blaster and play this song.
- The time between the last two releases is still 100 years less than that of the Chicago Cubs' last two World Series wins (for those of you into baseball). I'm trying to work in an mp3blaster reference here, but I'm striking out.
Mp3blaster hasn't been in active development since forever though, and this release sadly does not change a whole lot there. However, the friendly maintainers at debian have provided patches over the years to keep mp3blaster alive, and I have applied all of them for this minor release.
Mp3blaster now has a github repo instead of CVS. Talk about ancient history. However, you can still download the distro-ready tarballs at sourceforge.net (again, ancient history yadda yadda)
Enjoy, and see you in another decade or so.
PS: No, I didn't actually secure the rights to winamp. Sorry if I fooled you!